Faux Forum Forum Index Faux Forum Forum Index Faux Forum Forum Index

Faux Impressions - Sherwin Williams

ArtisphereOnline
Recommendations for Anti-graffiti and UV protecting sealers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cicalisa

us.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Recommendations for Anti-graffiti and UV protecting sealers? Reply with quote

Our local community is doing murals on wood for a playground. They are providing materials to the artists. I am helping them with the initial research/ process plan. I have seen some products out there but have no experience with them. Can anyone give me some coating names they have used?

The area is not a high graffiti area but we are looking to be proactive. I think the UV protectant is probably the more important but wondered if there is one product out there that will do both or what combination of materials will be best.

Any suggestions are welcome!

I did search but the threads I found are 5 or more years old and I'm sure there are newer products out there.
Thanks,
Lisa
lynne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check with your local Dunn Edwards or Sherwin Williams to see if they have a new product. most anti-grafitti varnishes are two part things where you have ot remove the grafitti then re-varnish.

As far as I know no one has come up with a new thing in the last 5 years so these suggestions are all still good:

http://www.bikemural.org/muralprotection.html#WeChose

specifically:
"Graffiti Control Services of San Bruno (650) 355-5016 sells two-part, water-based acrylic Graffiti Defenz Sheercoat.

Precita Eyes Mural Arts Center (415)-285-2287 sells jars of the Sheercoat, They are a convenient place to get the (always expensive) Cleverclean solvent for removing graffiti once you have a varnished mural. "

I still hold that a good mural protected with UV varnish will be enough of a deterrent. I prefer the Modern Masters one. You should also think about the paints and the colors you use. Limit your palette to only the most lightfast pigment, and fading will not be such a large issue.

http://www.ornamentalist.net
http://www.lynnerutter.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Faux Forum Forum Index -> Product discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: